Lean Sigma Search™: Improve Phase
Search Solution Validation
The Improve phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ value stream process is focused on driving the search to a successful conclusion. This phase begins with client-candidate interviews. We typically assist in the logistics of scheduling interviews, meeting times and other details, so that all interviews proceed smoothly for both the client and final candidates. Following the interview we debrief the candidate and the client, providing feedback if necessary to each party. We also take the time to assess our own process performance, ensuring that the presented candidates meet the client’s CTQs.
Search Validation Conclusion
When the final candidate is identified, and both the client and candidate express strong interest in moving forward, we complete final references checks to further validate the candidate’s leadership abilities, integrity, technical competence, achievements and personal characteristics. This process can either be done prior to, or after the final interview process depending on client preference.
Failure Mode Detection and Prevention
Detection and prevention of potential failure modes prior to this point in the process is critical to the successful conclusion of the search process. Our Lean Sigma Search™ value stream process is designed to continually test, at every phase, candidate commitment to the search process. We probe, in detail, with questions about relocation preferences, salary expectations and spousal buy-in, to understand the candidate’s CTQ requirements. We also take great care to coach candidates on how to handle the inevitable counter-offer scenarios that follow a resignation.
Search Solution Implementation
We recommend that we serve as the liaison between client and candidate during the offer and negotiation process. By serving as an intermediary, we can often work out details that have a significant bearing on the final acceptance or rejection of the offer.
Lean Sigma Search™ Value Stream Process Deliverables
Each phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ process is based on standard work, which is designed to move the search along efficiently and effectively through our value stream, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Learn more about the deliverables for each phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ value stream executive search process.
Define Phase Process Deliverables
- Go to Gemba – Client site visit – Gain insight into client corporate culture = improved candidate fit
- Define candidate & search CTQ’s via VOC
- Define search project scope / Define stakeholder roles & responsibilities with client
Learn more details about the Define Phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ Value Stream Process and how we start our methodology by going to Gemba and with the voice of the client (VOC).
Measure Phase Process Deliverables
- Build Position Benchmarking Standard Work – Serves as measurement standard for all candidate assessments
- Develop and execute marketing campaign and search sourcing plan / Measure market response to position
- Weekly feedback to client – Measure search progress
Learn more details about the Measure Phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ Value Stream Process and how we develop a Position Benchmarking Specification that is validated and approved by the client before we initiate the search project. This specification is the measurement system by which all potential candidates will be benchmarked and assessed, ensuring the client’s CTQs are met. (VOC).
Analyze Phase Process Deliverables
- Build candidate flow – Identify and recruit the vital few “X”’s, candidates with the best potential to meet client CTQ’s
- Analyze fit versus Position Benchmarking Standard Work
- Cull the vital few from the trivial many for client presentation with full written summary of assessment
Learn more details about the Analyze Phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ Value Stream Process and how we identify and find the vital few “X”s, those candidates with the right skills and qualities that best correlate to the client’s CTQ requirements.
Improve Phase Process Deliverables
- Assist in the initiation of client and candidate interviews – Provide feedback to each party in the process
- Validate both the candidate and client interest in moving the process forward – Probe for potential failure modes
- Initiation of candidate reference check – Validate candidate fit to client CTQ’s – Probe for areas of concern
Learn more details about the Improve Phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ Value Stream Process and how it’s focused on driving the search to a successful conclusion. This phase begins with client-candidate interviews. We typically assist in the logistics of scheduling interviews, meeting times and other details, so that all interviews proceed smoothly for both the client and final candidates.
Control Phase Process Deliverables
- Offer execution – Drive the search process to successful conclusion – Serve as the liaison between candidate and client during the critical offer phase
- Monitor on-boarding process to insure a smooth transition
- Seek feedback from client and candidate – Drive continuous improvement of our executive search process
Learn more details about the Control Phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ Value Stream Process and how it’s focused on maintaining the positive results gained from a successfully concluded executive search effort. As a result, our involvement with the chosen candidate and client doesn’t end with the completion of the search process.