Lean Sigma Search™: Define Phase
Voice of the Client
Just as with any customer-centric Lean Six Sigma value stream process, in order to provide quality service, the Define phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ methodology starts with the voice of the client (VOC). This is the first important step in our process toward clearly defining the client’s critical to quality (CTQ) search requirements and sets the stage for the rest of the executive search value stream process
Defining the Search CTQs (Go to Gemba)
By visiting our client’s site, we develop a thorough quantitative and qualitative profile of the client company, the hiring department, and the ideal candidate in order to best understand the client’s CTQs. As part of this process, we also focus on gaining a thorough understanding of the client’s business philosophy and culture, because studies have shown that the ultimate success of a chosen candidate correlates strongly with compatibility and chemistry, in addition to other hard skill factors. Our very targeted profiling questions are not only designed to identify the client’s CTQs, but also aid in our understanding of their alignment down to the ideal candidate profile. This process greatly enhances our ability to deliver candidates better targeted to the client’s requirements.
Search Stakeholders We prefer to work directly with the key stakeholders in the search process. These are the hiring managers immediately involved in the hiring process. By working directly with key stakeholders, we believe we can greatly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our executive search value stream process.
Search Deliverables and Goals
During the Define phase we work closely with the client to identify up front the project scope, milestones, deliverables, goals and fee agreements. During this phase we also define the roles and responsibilities of each party, ensuring smooth execution throughout the search process
Lean Sigma Search™ Value Stream Process Deliverables
Each phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ process is based on standard work, which is designed to move the search along efficiently and effectively through our value stream, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Learn more about the deliverables for each phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ value stream executive search process.
Define Phase Process Deliverables
- Go to Gemba – Client site visit – Gain insight into client corporate culture = improved candidate fit
- Define candidate & search CTQ’s via VOC
- Define search project scope / Define stakeholder roles & responsibilities with client
Learn more details about the Define Phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ Value Stream Process and how we start our methodology by going to Gemba and with the voice of the client (VOC).
Measure Phase Process Deliverables
- Build Position Benchmarking Standard Work – Serves as measurement standard for all candidate assessments
- Develop and execute marketing campaign and search sourcing plan / Measure market response to position
- Weekly feedback to client – Measure search progress
Learn more details about the Measure Phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ Value Stream Process and how we develop a Position Benchmarking Specification that is validated and approved by the client before we initiate the search project. This specification is the measurement system by which all potential candidates will be benchmarked and assessed, ensuring the client’s CTQs are met. (VOC).
Analyze Phase Process Deliverables
- Build candidate flow – Identify and recruit the vital few “X”’s, candidates with the best potential to meet client CTQ’s
- Analyze fit versus Position Benchmarking Standard Work
- Cull the vital few from the trivial many for client presentation with full written summary of assessment
Learn more details about the Analyze Phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ Value Stream Process and how we identify and find the vital few “X”s, those candidates with the right skills and qualities that best correlate to the client’s CTQ requirements.
Improve Phase Process Deliverables
- Assist in the initiation of client and candidate interviews – Provide feedback to each party in the process
- Validate both the candidate and client interest in moving the process forward – Probe for potential failure modes
- Initiation of candidate reference check – Validate candidate fit to client CTQ’s – Probe for areas of concern
Learn more details about the Improve Phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ Value Stream Process and how it’s focused on driving the search to a successful conclusion. This phase begins with client-candidate interviews. We typically assist in the logistics of scheduling interviews, meeting times and other details, so that all interviews proceed smoothly for both the client and final candidates.
Control Phase Process Deliverables
- Offer execution – Drive the search process to successful conclusion – Serve as the liaison between candidate and client during the critical offer phase
- Monitor on-boarding process to insure a smooth transition
- Seek feedback from client and candidate – Drive continuous improvement of our executive search process
Learn more details about the Control Phase of our Lean Sigma Search™ Value Stream Process and how it’s focused on maintaining the positive results gained from a successfully concluded executive search effort. As a result, our involvement with the chosen candidate and client doesn’t end with the completion of the search process.